Amount of credits – 5.
Forms of the educational process – lectures, laboratory classes.
Form of final control – exam.
Today, when small and medium-sized businesses are trying to use the Internet for their benefit, business managers, marketers and web developers of corporate sites need to study a lot of issues that have no analogs in normal, non-networked lives. They should be able to use the basic methods of search engine optimization and contextual advertising. They should be able to evaluate their own site and compare it with competitors' sites. To reduce the risk of errors, it is imperative to have an idea of what techniques of optimizing the site are strictly forbidden by search engines. Also, in order to measure the success of a web project, they need to be able to analyze and evaluate the statistics obtained through analytics collection systems.
The necessity of learning the basics of search engine optimization and web analytics is determined by the emergence of new powerful approaches to ranking sites by search engines according to the user queries. Knowledge of the mechanism of selection by the search engines for relevant web pages in accordance with user-specified queries will allow to effectively conduct business on the Internet.
The purpose of the discipline is to master the knowledge of the basics of search engine optimization of websites.
The following main tasks set to achieve the goal:
- obtaining theoretical knowledge on the basics of constructing the semantic core of the site, internal (content) optimization, external optimization and technical optimization, creating an internal link structure, accounting behavioral factors of the user and conducting of web analytics;
Obtaining practical skills in hosting of a website, conducting of all kinds of search engine optimization and accounting of the web analytics.
The object of discipline is the process of optimizing a website to get the first positions on the pages of the issuance of search engines according to user requests.
The subject of discipline is the technology, principles and methods of search optimization.
The discipline consists of two content modules:
- Internal optimization of websites;
- External optimization of websites.
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- The basic principles of search engines work;
- Mechanisms of adding a website to the database (index) of search engines;
- Method of creating a semantic core of a website;
- Basic principles of internal content optimization;
- Basic principles of constructing the internal structure of literature;
- Basic principles of external website optimization;
- Basic principles of technical optimization of a website;
- The main behavioral factors of the rating;
- Basics of web analytics;
Be able to:
- Create website;
- Make up the semantic core of the website;
- Implement internal, external and technical optimization of the website;
- Create an internal and external link structure;
- Use web analytics.
This subject also contributes specifically to the development of the following Course Intended Learning Outcomes – competencies:
Professional competencies received by students after studying the subject
|Knowledge||Abilities||Communication||Autonomy and responsibility|
Conceptual knowledge in the field of education and professional activities, including certain knowledge of contemporary achievements.
Critical understanding of the basic theories, principles, methods and concepts in the field of training and professional activities
|Solving complex unpredictable tasks and problems in specialized areas of professional activity and / or learning, which involves the collection and interpretation of information (data), the choice of methods and tools, the application of innovative approaches||
Reporting to specialists and non-specialists of information, ideas, problems, decisions and own experience in the field of professional activity.
Ability to effectively formulate a communication strategy
Management of complex actions or projects, responsibility for decision making in unpredictable conditions.
Responsibility for the professional development of individuals and / or groups of persons.
Ability to further education with an elevated level of autonomy
Module 1. Internal optimization of websites
Topic 1. Introduction to search engine optimization
Topic 2. Semantic core
Topic 3. Internal content optimization
Topic 4. The internal structure of the links
Module 2. External optimization of websites
Topic 5. External optimization
Topic 6. Technical optimization
Topic 7. Behavioral ranking factors
Topic 8. Basics of web analytics
- Евдокимов Н.В. Основы контентной оптимизации. Эффективная Интернет-коммерция и продвижение сайтов в Интернет. – М.: ООО ""И.Д. Вильямс"", 2007. – 160 с.: ил .
- Клифтон Брайан. Google Analytics: профессиональный анализ посещаемости веб-сайтов.: Пер. с англ. –М.: ООО ""И.Д.Вильямс"", 2009. – 400с.: ил. – Парал. тит. англ.
- Дмитрий Мелихов, Игорь Сарматов Веб-аналитика: шаг к совершенству. – Киев 2010. – 112 с.
- Дмитрий Мелихов, Игорь Сарматов Анализ сайта: Справочник веб - аналитика. – Киев 2011. – 68 с.
- Джерри Ледфорд, Мэри Тайлер Google Analytics 2.0 Анализ веб-сайтов. – Google. – 281 с.